Friday, March 09, 2007

Maluuuuuuu

Assalamualaikum

I apologise for the lack of updates. Work’s been pressing me inside out lately that I find myself cracking lame jokes everyday just to cheer me up. My poor colleagues!

I’ve decided to talk about one of my nieces today because her antics never fail to cheer me up. Hope she will brighten your day too :D

When my bubbly and outspoken niece, N, was a bit younger (she’s 4 now), she had this habit of running around the house, unclothed, after her shower. Chasing and convincing her to put on her clothes was such a chore! Imagine me and her mom pulling her from under the table armed with a towel and a diaper twice per day, everyday! LOL Thank God, N’s younger sisters are not following her steps.

The whole family then came up with this plan. Every time her unclothed-habit strikes the whole family would say “ooooo maluuuuu” (oooo how embarrassing!) The first time we used that line little N asked “Napa malu?” (Why is it embarrassing?) and we explained “Bini-bini mana boleh jalan-jalan dapan laki-laki inda pakai baju.”(Girls are not supposed to walk around in front of men with no clothes on.) Then the male members of the family would pretend to close their eyes saying stuffs like “Inda boleh buka mata! N inda pakai baju” LOL. (We cannot open our eyes because N has no clothes on.) And it worked! Unclothed-habit is a thing of the past now. Hehe.

But little do we know our ‘brilliant’ plan had created another problem.


Little N went to one of the shops in Bandar one day with both of her parents. N’s mom was busy looking at some stuffs when suddenly a lady wearing a spaghetti strap and a mini skirt walked passed the trio…..and GUESS what did little N say??????

.
.
.
.


Yesss you guessed right! ERK.

Little N pointed one of her chubby fingers to the lady and loudly said, “Aiii babu…ooooo maluuuuuuu”. (Look mom, how embarrasing!)

I have no idea who was more mortified. My sister or the lady. Poor little N earned herself a good pinch right on the arm and ended up crying.

LOL

One of the things that both N and I love to do is curdling together on my parent’s bed with a women’s magazine in our hands. I’ll be holding one end and her the other. I was flipping through the pages of the mag when she suddenly stopped me and pointed to a picture of a lady wearing a piece of skimpy lingerie.

“Bongsu, ani inda malu kah?” she asked. (Bongsu, isn’t this embarrassing?)
“Apa N pikir?” (What do you think?)
“Maluuuuu!” (It is!!)

MasyaAllah, and she is only 4! May Allah guide my niece N throughout her life. May she become a strong muslimah, a true muslimah. Amin.


My dear readers, haya (shyness) can be taught from an early age. I’ve seen parents who bought skimpy clothes for their 9 year old daughters….teenage daughters even! The daughter might not have entered puberty yet but the parent is inadvertently teaching her that it is OK to wear revealing clothes. By the time she enters puberty she would have thought nothing of showing off her skin. And they say old habits die hard.

It’s getting harder to keep my eyes opened now. The screen is getting blurry. I better end it here. But before that….


"When there is no haya left, then do as you please." (Bukhari)


“Bila sifat malu itu hilang, buatlah semahu mu.” (Bukhari)

...Hayatilah....Fahamilah....Renungilah...

8 Comments:

Blogger Reza Faizal said...

finally ada update.... :)

btw... are u a teacher also.

10:30 pm  
Blogger Muslimah Melayu said...

LOL it seems like im posting once a month only. hehe

To answer your question. errrmmm yeaaa hehe. how did u guess?

6:05 pm  
Blogger Reza Faizal said...

just guessing... since you and Murabiyyah seems good friends and she also a teacher...

10:55 pm  
Blogger Murabiyyah said...

haha lol ingat ku ni cerita ani!! Blessss banar your niece ani hehehe

BTW, good guess RF hehe

8:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hah! an update! :D

Indeed a brilliant tactic! My niece also likes to jalan² around without any clothes! Aiyaa *smacks forehead*

7:55 am  
Blogger Muslimah Melayu said...

RF: Good guess! hehe

Murabbiyah: I noeee. bless ahh. hehe

Farah: hehe loongggg over due update! haha.

Yess try this tactic with your niece. Buutt beware of its consequences lah hehe.

8:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum warahmatullah hiwabarakatuh Ukthi,

MasyaAllah! What a wonderful lesson to share.

Jazakallahu khayran Ukthi.

Wassalam.

1:05 pm  
Blogger Muslimah Melayu said...

Waalaikum salam warahmatullah hi wabarakatuh Anonymous. :)

It is amazing how much we can learn from a 4 year old child is it not?

May we all be under Allah's guidance always. Amin

10:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home